Job Opening: Senior Software Developer
Paladin is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our team. This role involves engineering and leadership as it applies to requirements definition, analysis, design, developing, testing, documentation, training and deployment of software solutions. This professional is expected to be highly proficient in software development lifecycle practices, methods, tools, conventions, and industry standards as they have been applied at Paladin. The ideal candidate will be customer focused, results oriented, eager to learn, resourceful, have a positive attitude and be a team player.
Paladin is located in scenic Poulsbo, Washington a short ferry ride from downtown Seattle. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment and the ability to work in a high technology environment without the hassles of big city traffic. Paladin offers a competitive benefits package.
Candidates must be able to secure a US Government Security Clearance upon hire.
- Lead and contribute to all phases of the software life cycle
- Manage and mature the daily maintenance, stability, and tuning of products or supported applications
- Identify, research and resolve system deficiencies
- Lead in definition and clarification of business and product requirements
- Design and implement robust, scalable solutions to satisfy business requirements
- Provide reasonable and accurate team estimates
- Collaborate extensively with other team members to achieve the best possible solutions
- Provide technical mentoring to team members
- Identify, report and mitigate issues and risks in a timely manner
- Lead documentation and code reviews
- Lead in the release process for a project
- Document and manage change requests
- Identify, document and resolve defects
- Foster a culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback and metrics
- Ensure all work is compliant with Paladin standards and processes
- Participate in the solution and resolution process for customer issues
- Support sales efforts
- Experience with common web development tools
- Experience with relational database concepts and complex SQL statements
- Experience with at least multiple application development methodology
- Knowledge of various database access methods
- Understand object-oriented design and analysis concepts
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong relationship and negotiation skills
- 8+ years of professional development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field OR equivalent experience
No Phone calls or walk-ins please. Please submit Resume to jobs@PaladinData.com
Paladin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Paladin is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.