CLOSED 06/2017- Career Opportunity: UX Designer
This Position is Now Closed
Paladin is seeking a UX Designer to join our team. This role will perform duties which include research, business analysis, requirements gathering, interaction design, visual design, testing, and documentation for multiple product lines. This professional is expected to be proficient with Agile software development lifecycle practices, methods, tools, conventions, and industry web development standards. The ideal candidate will be customer-focused, results-oriented, eager to learn, resourceful, have a positive attitude, and be a team player.
Paladin is located in scenic Poulsbo, Washington, a short ferry ride from downtown Seattle. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment and the ability to work in a high technology environment without the hassles of big city traffic. Paladin offers a competitive benefits package.
Candidates must be able to secure a US Government Security Clearance upon hire.
- Work directly with product managers, engineers, and other UX designers to insure we maintain a high-quality user experience.
- Lead in definition and clarification of business and product requirements
- Elicit requirements using various techniques such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, use cases, and scenarios
- Participate in process/business design activities for new solutions and/or configure existing products to meet client requirements
- Ensure products and services deliver satisfy client requirements
- Identify, research, and resolve business deficiencies
- Provide reasonable and accurate team estimates
- Create and rapidly iterate on ideas in order to develop them, via storyboards, user flows, mock-ups, and prototypes, or other methods as needed
- Participates in requirements-based testing efforts to ensure requirements are satisfied by the products and services delivered
- Develop documentation, training materials, and conduct training sessions
- Participate in the solution and resolution process for customer issues
- Discover and research problems and work with the team to provide acceptable solutions
- Ensure all work is compliant with Paladin standards and processes
- Contribute to the success in meeting team commitments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conceptualize business or user requirements into user-friendly and efficient software applications
- Experience with large-scale, global consumer websites is a plus
- Experience designing for a variety of device types (web, mobile, PC, etc.) and designing experiences with multiple input modalities
- Proficiency with design tools (e.g, Balsamiq, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates proficiency in interaction and visual design.
- Efficient translating business needs into detailed analysis and testing documentation
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible, team-oriented attitude and work style
- Permitting and/or business licensing experience is a plus
- 4 years of professional development experience
- Degree in Computer or Visual Design or equivalent experience
Salary Range DOE
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Please submit resume to jobs@PaladinData.com
Paladin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Paladin is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.