Career Opportunity: Senior Lead Software Engineer
Use Your Leadership & Tech Skills to Drive Innovation
Paladin Data provides software to drive state and local government efficiency and deliver digital citizen services. We accomplish this by building state-of-the art software in Amazon Web Services and mobile applications for stakeholders. We are seeking team members from all backgrounds who are passionate about their work and have a strong desire to serve on a team that is the backbone of the company.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you’ll lead the engineering analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, and deployment of software solutions for SMARTGOV. You’ll be expected to be highly proficient in software development lifecycle practices, methods, tools, conventions, and industry standards. The ideal candidate will be customer focused, results oriented, eager to learn, resourceful, have a positive attitude and be a team player. We value leading by example and leaders who are pragmatic, driven and motivated to elevate the organization to the next level.
As a software engineering lead, you can expect to build software in the following areas:
- Object-oriented design and coding
- Distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and databases
- MVC and SOA design patterns
- iOS and Android application development using tools like Xamarin
- Highly scalable systems built on top of Java, .NET, and Amazon Web Services
- Design, code, test and deploy features within new and existing software
- Integrate custom software with off-the-shelf systems using REST APIs, queues, and monitoring
- Lead the entire lifecycle of software engineering efforts for various products, including architecting, design, build and deployment
- Drive architectural level decisions for systems within your domain
- Review and approve coding and design decisions made by other engineers
- Work with technical product managers and software engineering managers to translate business vision and requirements into scalable systems
- Collaborate with other software engineering leads to define consistent technical and coding standards
- Think outside the box. Challenge why things were done a certain way and figure out how to do it better.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, physics, or other major requiring engineering core courses.
- 6+ years in a technical leadership role in a software engineering organization
- Strong experience in Java and the surrounding ecosystem
- Experience with modern full-stack web development, from back-end to front-end
- Experience designing both relational and non-relational databases
- A demonstrated ability to architect, design and develop complex end-to-end software
- The ability to quickly absorb information in an unfamiliar domain and translate it into software
- A self-driven nature with the ability to seek out requirements and propose solutions with minimal direction
- Experience delivering software in an organization with complex products or mission critical operations
- A passion for mentoring junior engineers and raising the bar for the entire team
Paladin is located in scenic Poulsbo, Washington a short ferry ride from downtown Seattle. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment and the ability to work in a high technology environment without the hassles of a big city. Paladin offers a competitive benefits package. Learn more about Careers at Paladin.
No Phone calls or walk-ins please. Please submit Resume to jobs@PaladinData.com
Paladin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Paladin is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.